Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Another Year

Father, today you know another year has passed and I'm getting to the age where I want to start forgetting these remembrances of age! Yet I am so grateful that I have lived this long without major health problems, even being overweight and not always caring how my life has impacted this body you have given me. Forgive me and I pray that I make it more of a priority, especially by age 50 next year (how can that be?!?!).

Thank you for my mother who birthed me, the most wonderful woman in the world, who made every birthday so very special, who was a friend and good adviser, the epitome of goodness, a wonderful role model no matter what she went through. Although she has been gone nearly 17 years, I miss her even more. A great woman you gave to me as my mother. Thank you for the time I had with her. One of the biggest reasons I came back to you was wanting to see her again some day.

Thank you for a great husband. He was so sweet yesterday. We had a great evening, attending the Master Songwriting Class and sitting in the front row (surprise!) listening to one of our favorite recording artists in Tampa. It was magical and a wonderful birthday. That and so much more he gave to me and I am always amazed how well he knows me and how much he loves me despite it all.

Thank your for all who remembered me yesterday and today. Cards, emails, hugs. I feel very loved and cared for and I know you work through all of them to make me feel that way.

I pray to have an even better upcoming year, for you Father, emptying more of myself and letting more of you fill my soul. Help me to reflect your glory, to do your will.

Thank you, Lord, for so much in my life when so many have much less than I. Keep me in the grateful place. Thank you for another year on this earth with my family. Amen

No comments: