Friday, February 22, 2008

Anointing

Father, I hope that what I did was right when I anointed our home with oil today. Before I started, as I closed my prayer with the words, "In Jesus name", was that You in the sunshine that suddenly came out and flooded the room so that even with my eyes closed I noticed? So perfectly timed it was...

After our Sunday school teacher informed us that he had done the same, it just seemed like it was the right thing to do at our home. You know I've never really done anything like that before, except in my old New Age days (which made me feel weird), so I do pray you will honor my intentions in doing so now. I know it is merely a symbol, but I prayed my way around the house outside, anointing every door and window, and then inside the house doing the same, especially in Chris' room, praying the Holy Spirit would be through the whole house, that evil could not live or remain here.

May it be so, Lord, may it be so.

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

What a beautiful idea, Laura. I'm sure He was there with you and that He totally understood your good intentions.

Father, may the Holy Spirit seal that house from all evil. May You cleanse the hearts of those who live there and flood their lives with love. Open each person up to the true beauty inside not just their home but, also, inside their hearts. Create in each of them a place to live with You at the center of it all. Seal their home in love but remind them, too, that when evil comes knocking, it is You who will ultimately use that evil for good.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Julie said...

Hi
I just recently came across your blog. I'm holding on to God at the moment for one of my kids. Just wanted to say hi and bless you.

Julie x