Wednesday, March 12, 2008

State of Health

Dear Lord,

Thank you for so much for all that I have. Help me to be ever grateful of what you have done in my life and all you have given me. Help me to always do the right thing no matter the cost.

Be with my doctor tomorrow as he reviews all the tests I have undergone the last month of my heart, my thyroid, my blood sugar, etc. Give him the wisdom to diagnose me correctly. And please, Lord, be with me as I hear the news. Help me retain it, ask the right questions, and most importantly (and what I have the hardest time with), help me to be able to change my life permanently in the way I need to based upon the results I receive. I so pray this will help give me a better game plan for my health, curtailed to the findings.

Thank you for the long conversation with my son about You, Christianity and faith. Forgive his immature ideas and lack of knowledge. I ask you to honor his searching in all these areas and I pray again for you to reveal yourself to him and that he will be saved into your kingdom. Help me to be a better witness. With all the knowledge I have gleaned over the past few years I was so grateful for it so I could teach him about your promises, redemption, Christian history, how the Muslim nation began with Ishmael. I could see he was truly listening to that and was impressed that was foretold and happened in the Bible. Bring him to you, Lord Jesus! As I always pray, give him eyes to see and ears to hear and to make a decision for you.

I pray you will be with me as I lead the Beth Moore study in two weeks on Paul. I pray you work through and give me the discipline, wisdom and words to help the ladies who will be attending. I pray for the hearts of all who will attend or are thinking of attending, that we all will be inspired as we see the Bible and Paul illuminated in a way perhaps we've never known before through the gift you have given Beth Moore.

I pray for all those in need. May they seek you, find you, feel your strength and comfort always.

In your precious name I pray,

Amen.

1 comment:

HeyJules said...

I'm still praying for you. May that doctor know precisely what is wrong and let him have a game plan for fixing it.

Now take a deep breath. It's scary but God's still here, holding you up by the armpits.