Saturday, March 22, 2008

Day of Rest


Lord, I think of you today - the Sabbath day you rested in the tomb. I can imagine all was very quiet and drawn that day. Sadness loomed, feeling oppressive. Perhaps confusion was abounding as well and a terrible sense of emptiness.

Oh the contrast of what would be tomorrow. Oh how the angels would sing at the glory of your rising from death. How the weight of sadness would be transformed into utter and complete joy when those who walked with you would see you again! I can't wait to talk with them one day, to hear it face to face, to hear the amazing stories about that first Easter morning.

And so until then, Lord, my heart fills with warmth and gladness, undeserved thankfulness at your ultimate sacrifice for all of us, for the hope of someday reaching our real home with you as we walk through this often dark country far away from that place. Yet, you are here with us. Living, breathing and guiding us through the joys and sorrows on earth. How grateful I am to you as I shake my head in wonder at your love for us...

I bow to you and only you, Lord Jesus!

Thank you.

No comments: