Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim Russert

Lord, you know what a good and fair man Tim was in this volatile political climate. I enjoyed his human take on politics in an unbiased manner, his love of family and faith that he never lost as he grew more successful, his big smile and sense of humor that never was far in any given situation.

We don't know, Lord, why you took him, especially in a year when many could have used his wise words, but we hope he is now basking in the wonders of Your glory.

One thing I do know is that it is surely a learning lesson in caring for one's health and how I must focus on taking care of myself no matter what more than I ever have before. As I am now on an active diet and exercise plan I can sometimes whine and complain about it, but this gives me a wakeup call why it is so important to do what I am doing and with fervor.

Be with his wife, his young son, his father as they grieve the loss of a good man.