Friday, May 30, 2008

Thankful

I know the road is hard ahead, but I am amazed how you have opened the path before me, prepared the people around me, given me so many possibilities that it astounds me at the moment. I dare to hope. I dare to believe things can change; more specifically that I can change. There are pitfalls and many challenges ahead. But this time I am ready to fight for my life and you have given me a helicopter, rowboat and safety net so clearly that I would be a fool not to see it. I don't know why you find me deserving (even though I have prayed for your mercy here for years!) with so many who have not had this chance, but I am so grateful, Father, so appreciative how you have worked this out so perfectly. Oh how wonderful it is to see your hand in this and how you carefully laid things out as they should be when the time was right. You sent people who you knew would understand the complexities of who I am, who have told me they will believe until I can see it myself, who have been where I am now, who want to help me. Thank you. Thank you. Be with me on this long and arduous journey but help me to remember you are always by my side, ever present, that I can do all things through you who saved me, that I will get on my knees every morning and not forget you are the one who orchestrated this, who worked through the people and arranged the scenario I could never have even dreamed of.

I can do this. I will do this.

No comments: