Friday, November 14, 2008

November




It's been a long, dark summer for me, Lord, but I am finally seeing the light again and the weight feels lifted off my shoulders. Thank you for helping me and not only holding my hand but leading me back to the light again.

Thank you that Chris passed his GED (with even exceedingly high scores!) and even worked with Jeff for a while (and liked it!). I pray now that he continues on with his life and finds a job he likes, that he continues his struggle with you. Yes all those questions in his agnostic mind. Keep asking! Don't give up! He asks to see you and I ask that you reveal yourself to him and yet...yet...I have to have faith you will find him. Find him, Lord!!!

I thank you for the time away with Ben at the cabin, on the canoe, in the wilderness, in your nature where my heart is always filled. Thank you that we reconnected in a big, beautiful way. That we have hope and another layer of foundation in our marriage.

I thank you for the class I have been leading that is nearly at its end. Oh Lord, I was so unsure that I should even teach it in the mood I was in, but you knew better, knew it would help me get back in your Word, help me get outside of myself, out back in the world and amongst friends and new people. I am so grateful.

Finally it fall - or as fall as Florida gets - and oh the skies are deeper and the air is dryer and many times I have been able to throw open the windows and let the cool winds come in and clear the cobwebs out after 9 months of air conditioning and filtered air. I can't wait to run in heaven in all the splendors of nature! I know there is no evidence to prove it, but I surely hope all my old beloved pets will be frolicking with me. Oh what a happy time that would be!

I pray for our new president elect, and also for all who opposed him becoming president. May we all, somehow, come together out of compassion and love for one another. Let us show the world we are not the stereotype so many display in your name. Help us to show and reflect your light, not try to pound it into people's heads with self righteousness.

Oh Lord help us to be merciful, full of light, compassionate and faithful.

For this and so much more I close this prayer this day.

In Your Name I Pray,

Amen

No comments: