Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tired

Dear Lord,
I am seriously tired this morning and need renewal in mind, body and spirit. I thank You that You provided me with strength and calm yesterday as I handled the problem with Chris. He was so angry with me, as angry as I've ever seen him, and he was threatening too, but I got him out of his room and I got him talking and two hours later we even had a little laugh as I told him, c'mon, unlock your door or you'll make your old mom worry even more. Let my words, which seem like they fall on deaf ears, trickle down into his soul and germinate there.

Oh Father, please, with every fiber in me, reveal yourself to my son who is of the world so totally, who buys into what the world has to offer and cannot see You even though you are there. Please open his eyes, his ears, his heart to You. Please, reveal Yourself to him in such a way that he cannot resist You. Hear me being bold to pray he becomes a warrior for You and that he will be in Your Kingdom with me (else how can I possibly be happy there?).

Abba, Father, help me to be more disciplined with food and not to use it as comfort and in anger in times of stress that are so often these days. Help me to eat as You intended us to eat, whole foods, smaller portions, lots of veggies. Help me to lose my desire for that which is not good for my body. Help me to be kind to myself and to end this war with my body that has lasted well beyond a decade. I can't change myself (though Lord knows I've tried), only You can. I rely on You and stand in Your shadow for strength.

Thank You for Your strength which I am in vast need of this day. Thank you that You arranged an easy day for me so I can get the rest I need. Thank You that I had that time, sitting on the couch with You, as the rain sounded like a babbling brook this morning, and I just rested in You.

I love you, Lord. Increase my faith, strength and wisdom. For Your glory.

Amen.

2 comments:

HeyJules said...

That's great news that you got your son to talk! My prayer is that he, too, will come to know God the way we have.

Autumnseer said...

Amen, Jules!