Friday, January 25, 2008

At Last

Lord, as you know, tomorrow is finally the day of the retreat. The sanctuary and Christian Life Center are blooming with the garden theme. All of our classrooms look glorious with decorations of flowers and gardens - all of your creation. I feel your presence so powerfully through nature that it is a pleasure and a comfort to be around all the colors of the flowers, the greenery, yes even the little silk butterflies. I'm not much of a girly-girl but I find myself smiling looking at it all.

Our devotion and prayer time with the team last night was just beautiful. Did you see us all in circle, holding hands and praying to you? We ask you to remove all pride and expectations and just move powerfully through us. We are hearing more and more that of the 140+ women coming, many are either unchurched or have not been in many years, or even only go on Sunday and do nothing more. Oh, Lord, what an opportunity! Please work through us to show them more of your love and mercy and grace. Help them to thirst for more from what they see and feel and hear tomorrow.

I am so thankful! Lately I just throw my hands in the air, out of nowhere, for "no" reason and say, "Praise you, Lord Jesus! Thank you!"

To your glory, Lord.

L~

No comments: