Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Slowing it Down

Thank you for showing me (in my soul and through other people) to slow. it. down. To stay focused on what I know is true and what is working, to not project into the future, not feeling bad about people feeling bad about me (so silly), to not have all the questions answered now. For helping me to give it to you.

So, I keep plodding on and the whole food thing is working in the way that is tailored best for me, and you are there to remind me when I'm tempted that, oh yeah, that would not be best would it? A cup of tea might be better right about now when I have a snack attack mid afternoon. Oh Lord, what would I do without you? There are people dying in this tragic world and people dealing with so much, and yet you still help me with these minor problems (okay, they seem pretty big to me relatively speaking).

Again I ask for you to work through all of us ladies as we do our retreats and our classes. May the women be inspired to move closer to you and enrich their spiritual lives.

Please somehow help to get C. a job so that he realizes the value in good hard work, a paycheck, and start to make a life for himself. He needs humbling I know, and I am scared to pray about that....you know my fears and my weaknesses. Please help me to be a better parent to my son. I am compassionate, we talk much more openly than most parents and kids, but it is hard for me to draw a firm line sometimes. I am so mentally tired when it comes to this and C. will never know how fierce my love is for him. Oh if he only knew. But I know he is yours, Lord, also, so I "lay my Isaac down" to you, Lord. Please work in him a new life.

Hands lifted to you Jesus, in praise and thanksgiving for so much in my life. Bring me ever closer to you. Work through me to others I pray.

Amen

No comments: