Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Thankful

Good morning Lord,

Thank you that you worked through Janey at her sister's women's retreat last weekend. The ladies were moved and it was a great day. Was beautiful to see twin sisters who loved each other deeply. We, from St. Johns, as you know Lord, too up an entire pew, including Janey's daughter. At one point we all were sniffling and thank goodness I had brought a full pack of tissues, which went down the entire pew with everyone taking one. It was also so beautiful to see the seeds we sowed last year coming to fruition with their own ladies doing a great job themselves.

Now it is our turn this weekend for the women at our own church. Thank you for working through all of us to inspire the women to be closer to you, to give them a truly special and inspirational day that is set apart for them. I ask specifically for myself as well, that nerves won't get in the way of delivery, that I will remember what I feel you want me to say (I know you will take care of this with whatever words come from my mouth). That truly you will speak through me. Thank you, Father, for this.

I did so well eating at last weekend's retreat, thank you for being with me through that really big challenge. Although I have already lost some weight, I know it will only get harder as time goes on. Please help me to lean on you completely. It's something I need to learn more I know! Please help me to learn what I am supposed to learn through this particular journey.

You have also helped put B’s words to echo many times in my ears lately as I am tempted; this is the year we fight to get healthy. That means a little pain, Laura, and a lot of sacrifice and behavior modification. Although I said I was willing to sacrifice, it’s another thing to actually endure it! So thank you, dear Lord, for being with me and helping me overcome and set my priorities with food the way they should be. I pray that eventually these foods will not have so much of an appeal to me any longer. That would be such a blessing.

Thanks for giving B a great night last night. He so seldom gets out of the house and does something fun. We have spent too little time together and since he still does not feel comfortable to leave C alone overnight, it makes for us sometimes to lead separate lives. You planted the seed that we get away the weekend after next for the whole day. He loved the idea too and we now look forward to it.

So help me get through this weekend. Saturday is the retreat which is the full day, Sunday morning I have to help with the hospitality table early in the morning at church. Help me to have the energy I need to get through it all.

Thank you for all the many, many blessings in my life. Help me to ever move towards You and for me not to just talk about it, but for myself also, to keep tending to my spiritual garden.

Peace!

L~

1 comment:

HeyJules said...

This was so inspiring to me today. Thanks for vocalizing something I've been trying to push through.

Fight to get healthy...I never thought of it that way.