Monday, January 28, 2008

The First Gift

So the first gift, Lord, upon starting the day of the retreat was the sunrise you blessed me with. This image could not show the beautiful reality and the peaceful calm it gave my soul as I quickly took a picture as I walked into church. I knew it would be a wonderful day.

And it was. Oh thank you Lord for all the women who came, how their hearts were warmed and the tears fell by days end, how you were able to work through all of us to enable the women to have a wonderful day set apart, a retreat from the world and enfolded in your arms.

Specifically with Kim and myself and I am so grateful you gave us the words to say. Kim's personal story drew everyone in and it was gratifying to hear my suggestions on deepening their "Garden of Knowledge" seemed to touch many. Thank you for giving us the words and what a privilege that we could be a part of this day along with the many other women who taught and helped.

Thank you, also, that B came and helped the other men serve us lunch. Those types of situations are not always easy for my beautiful husband, but he did it and it went well....and Lord forgive me that in the middle of that Christian setting I just wanted to throw myself at my husband, he looked so good to my eyes. Actually, I take that back. I thank you for that, that the passion still flares beautifully between a wife and a husband.

So grateful, so grateful....

L~

No comments: